MINUTES OF THE SPECIAL TOWN MEETING
SEPTEMBER 2, 2006
The location of the meeting was the Community Center, Town of Frye Island
The meeting was called to order at 9:05 AM by Wayne Fournier, Town Clerk
MOTION to nominate Joe Potts as Moderator made by Oleg Svetlichney and seconded by Harry Zea.
Move to close nominations made by Oleg Svetlichney and seconded by Dave Treacy.
There were twelve (12) votes cast for Joe Potts.
Joe Potts was sworn in as Moderator by Lisa Kerrigan, Deputy Town Clerk.
MOTION to adopt the following procedures for this meeting was made by Nancy Perry and seconded by Dave Treacy:
1. Utilize the Maine Moderator's Manual in the conduct of business,
2. Follow the guidelines established by MMA for Town meetings and Elections,
3. Incorporate the vote of the Board of Island Trustees into the Town Meeting
flow of bussiness when appropriate,
4. Limit the discussion of any person to no more than three (3) minutes, and
5. Allow Board members and Town officials to speak at meeting.
There was one (1) vote opposed - motion carries
Recess the Town Meeting - Call the BIT Meeting to order
MOTION to approve Warrant Article #2 - To see if the Board of Island Trustees of Frye Island will vote to rescind, in its entirety, Article V of the Land Use Ordinance of the Town of Frye Island, Maine entitled "Growth Management Ordinance of the Town of Frye Island, Maine".
Motion made by Vic Solomini and seconded by Harry Zea.
Wayne Fournier explained the procedures that are involved with the Growth Management Ordinance, these procedures are as follows:
1. On October 1, letters are sent to the next fifteen people on the waiting list,
2. These people have fifteen days to accept the Growth Permit,
3. After accepting the Growth Permit the people have ninety (90) days to apply
for a Building Permit,
4. If fifteen people do not go through with these procedures, the next person on
the list is contacted and so on until fifteen Building Permits are granted, and
5. The people that do not follow through the steps of getting a Building Permit
are removed from the list.
The following people addressed the meeting with their comments:
Harry Zea (1305), Jim Reali (1316), Paul Peterson (282), James Kuiken (323),
Jeanne Sullivan-Toomey (1213), Steve Comley (301), Don HJadley (174), Oleg
Svetlichney (13), Vic Solomini (1333), Debbie Anthony (374), Ernie Wrzesinsky
(285), Andy Broaddus (821), Dave Treacy (501), Dick Norris (61), Paul Osborn
(1806), and Frank Limauro (74).
The vote was as follows:
FOR - 95 AGAINST - 11 Motion carries
MOTION to adjourn the Board of Island Trustee Meeting made by Oleg Svetlichney and seconded by Dave Treacy - Unanimous
Reconvene Town Meeting
MOTION to see if the Registered Voters of the Town of Frye Island will vote to rescind, in its entirety, Article V of the Land Use Ordinance of the Town of Frye Island, Maine entitled "Growth Management Ordinance of the Town of Frye Island.
The motion was made by Dave Treacy and seconded by Harry Zea.
The vote was as follows:
FOR - 35 AGAINST - 2 Motion carries
MOTION to adjourn the Town Meeting at 10:10 ASM made by James Kuiken and seconded by Oleg Svetlichney - Unanimous
James L. Kuiken