JUNE 3, 2005



The location of the meeting was the Community Center, Town of Frye Island


The meeting was called to order at 7:01 PM by James Kuiken

Selectmen:  James Kuiken, Bob Roberts, Dave Decker

BIT:  Grace Morin, Bruce Nisula

Town Manager:  Wayne Fournier


MOTION to approve the Minutes of the May 14, 2005 Selectmen's Meeting made by James Kuiken and seconded by Bob Roberts - Unanimous


MOTION to approve the Minutes of the May 21, 2005 Selectmen's Meeting made by James Kuiken and seconded by Bob Roberts - Unanimous


Motion to approve the Minutes of the May 28, 2005 Special Town Meeting made by James Kuiken and seconded by Bob Roberts - Unanimous




Joe Potts asked two questions


     1.  How much money did the Town have in the bank?


     2.  How much interest is the Town earning?


Joe suggested that the Treasurer look into investing the Town's monies in a better interest bearing account such as offered by Merrill Lynch. 


Joe also suggested using a lock box to collect the Town's taxes.



Water System Upgrade - The punch list is being worked on.  Wayne to write a letter to Zachau Construction stating that the punch list is to be completed by June 20, 2005.


Willis Property - Wayne has been speaking to Key Bank & Bath Savings about interim financing.  Key Bank has proposed a 3.25 interest rate for six months or a 3.45% interest rate for twelve months.  Bath Savings canno0t meet these interest rates.


SAD 6 - Len Langor is preparing a letter to be sent to the Attorney General requesting a meeting concerning the Town of Frye Island's share of Sad 6 school taxes.


Tennis Court - Vermont Tennis Courts hopes to have the Tennis Court repaired by the end of June.  The rainy weather in May has them behind schedule on most of their projects.


Haul Out Facility - Len Langor to send a letter to Kleinschmidt next week telling them that the Town will be pursuing legal action concerning the deficiency in the design.  Wayne Duffet of South Portland will be coming to the island next week to look at the Haul Out Facility and prepare a report regarding the engineering of the existing system.


Audit - Auditors to return to the island on June 6, 2005.




Lot Files - Some of the lot files that have been scanned have been placed on line.  Joe Potts asked if was alright to place the scanned files on line.  Dave Decker responded that the septic design that is on file for his lot is incorrect and is worried that some wrong information will be posted.  The lot files will be placed on line and if anyone has to make  corrections on erroneous information, it can easily be corrected.


Workers Comp - Calvin Kendall will be going to mediation looking for wages starting November 1, 2004.  It has been stated that Calvin had a preexisting condition and was laid off in October, 2004 due to lack of work.


Marina - The docks have been repaired and sealed.

MOTION to expend $7,422.00 for the repairs and sealing of the docks at the Marina.  Wayne to check with Jim O'Connor and Tim McCarthy to see if the repairs will be paid proportionally between the Equity and Rental Reserve Accounts.  If the monies are to be paid proportionally the cost to the Equity Reserve will be $4,156.00 and $3,266 to the Rental Reserve.  The motion was made by James Kuiken and seconded by Bob Roberts - Unanimous


Wayne reported that when the rates for rental slips at the Marina were raised to $900.00, we forgot to raise the wide slips to $1,000.00.  There are five wide slips and they will be raised next year accordingly.


Mitigation Plan

George Flaherty from FEMA has submitted a Mitigation Plan to the Town.  George stated that the surrounding Towns have  approved the plan and when Frye Island signs the proposed plan it will be approved for the Town.  There will be a vote at the June 18, 2005 BOS Meeting for approval of the proposed plan.


Office Hours - The office will remain open 12:00 to 12:30 on Saturdays


MOTION to go to Executive Session according to MRSA 1 Paragraph 405 (6) (A) to evaluate the Town Manager's performance made by James Kuiken and seconded by Bob Roberts

Returned from Executive Session - discussed Wayne's yearly performance


MOTION to adjourn at 9:08 PM made by Dave Decker and seconded by James Kuiken - Unanimous



Respectfully submitted,

James L. Kuiken