Town of Frye Island - Budget Public Hearing
September 1, 2001
The meeting was called to order at 9:00 a.m.
Town Manager made a brief presentation of his proposed 2002 budget, noting major increases in County Taxes, SAD 6 Contribution, health insurance and retirement benefit.
Comments were received from various members of the public on a variety of issues:
· An apparent discrepancy in the salary line for Town Clerk
· Whether the position of Town Clerk is a full 12 month position
· Whether a second boat will be needed next year
· Increase the ferry maintenance budget
· Whether it is possible to provide additional hours for the ferry service after Labor Day
· Add a column showing the year end estimates
· Building permit fees should cover expenses, perhaps on a square foot basis
· Board of Appeals fees should cover expenses
· Should the Town be involved in digging soil test pits
· Add fund balance to budget summary page
Following the receipt of comments, the public hearing was adjourned.