Town of Frye Island

Planning Board Regular Meeting

June 2, 2001 4:00 pm

    

     Location:  Community Center

    

     Present:     Bob Hannah, Marge Hommel, Ed Johnson, Dave Treacy, Patty Meyer, Ed Charrette

 

The chairman, Bob Hannah called the meeting to order at 4:00 pm. 

 

Minutes and Correspondence:

               The minutes of the October 7, 2000 were APPROVED.

 

Land Use Ordinances - rewrite:

               The Secretary has an electronic and hard copy from Dick Norris and will make copies for all the Board Members.  We will discuss a plan and a schedule to discuss this at our working meeting.

 

Comprehensive Plan:

               Rick Sealy has provided feedback on our current version.  The State has not.  Bob commented that he thought Rick wanted too much additional stuff.  This will be discussed further after the committee meets.

 

Status of the Ballfield Hearing:

 

The hearing was to be resumed this year.  We set a date of June 30, 2001 at 8:30 am.  We will ask the Town office to send out notices to the abutters.

 

Other Business

1.                Bob has received a letter from the Fire Department asking that we modify the definition of building height.  They have also requested that the Town require visible lot numbers either 3 or 4 high.  Ed Johnson will bring a copy of a similar ordinance from his Town in MA.

2.                Discharge of Firearms:  This ordinance needs revision because the State will not enforce it as it is now written.  We have a copy of one from Sacco which they will enforce.  We will discuss this at our next working meeting.

3.                Trapping:  This ordinance also needs to be revised for the same reason. We will put it on the agenda fro June 30.

4.                Proposal to require the inspection of Septic tanks.  We will put this on the agenda for a future meeting.

5.                Reappointment of members:  Both Ed Johnson and Ed Charette wish to be reappointed.  Bob will inform the Selectmen.

6.                Rezoning of Lot 501.  We will schedule this for a hearing.

7.                FII would like us to redefine lot width.  We will take this up at a future meeting.

 

Bob Hannah passed out information packets provided by the Ballfield Committee.

 

The meeting was adjourned at 5:10 pm.

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Marge Hommel, Secretary