BUILDING PERMIT ORDINANCE
BUILDING PERMIT ORDINANCE
Town of Frye Island
State of Maine
Chapter 115 -- Building Permit Ordinance
[HISTORY: Adopted Town Meeting 7/3/04, WA11]
This Ordinance shall be known as and may be cited as "Ordinance to provide Sanitary Facilities and Regulate the Disposal of Construction Waste in the Town of Frye Island, Maine, providing Penalties for Violation Thereof," and shall be referred to as "this chapter."
The purpose of this Ordinance is to protect the health, safety, and well-being of the citizens of Frye Island by the utilization of Sanitary Facilities and Construction Waste Disposal within the Town of Frye Island.
C. SANITARY FACILITIES:
Self-contained Temporary Toilets shall be provided and maintained by the property wner or contractor at all construction sites where permanent sanitary facilities do not exist. These facilities shall comply with any and all state regulations and health codes for the type, number, location, operation, and maintenance of facilities.
1. Toilets shall be enclosed, weather-tight, chemical holding tank type for the
use of all construction personnel.
2. Sanitary facilities shall be maintained in good condition and repair and
3. Temporary facilities shall be removed within two weeks after completion of
D. DISPOSAL OF WASTE:
Dumpsters or containers shall be provided by the property owner or contractor at all construction sites for the removal of all debris, trash, and waste.
1. Dumpsters or containers shall be located on the lot where construction is
occurring, not on right of ways or public roads.
2. Construction debris, trash, brush, logs, stumps, or waste materials may not be
disposed of at Town of Frye Island Transfer Station by hired contractors, and
the owner or contractor is responsible for deposit at an outside licensed
3. Burying or burning of debris or waste materials will not be permitted within
the Town of Frye Island.
4. Washing debris or waste materials into waterways or outside of lot
boundaries shall not be permitted.
5. When dumpsters or containers are full they shall be removed within one week.
E. VIOLATIONS AND PENALTIES:
Any person who violates any of the provisions of this Ordinance shall have their Building Permit revoked until violations are corrected, and the Town shall have all other powers of enforcement at the expense of the lot owner.
This Ordinance shall be enforced by the Town of Frye Island Code Enforcement Officer. This ordinance will become effective on January 1st 2005.
Return to the Frye Island homepage