Town of Frye Island
Minutes of Meeting of May 30, 1999
PRESENT: Barbara Aranyi, Stan
Karpacz, Paul Lyons, Bruce Nisula, and Robert Roberts.
PRESENT (sign in sheet attached):
Ed Charrette and Joe Potts, Selectman
Frye Island Community Center
ORDER: The Members came to order at
1. Election of Officers: Robert Roberts was the sole nominee for Chairperson and was elected Chairman by unanimous vote; and Bruce Nisula was the sole nominee for Secretary and was elected to that position by unanimous vote.
2. Joe Potts, Selectman, indicated that the Board of Selectmen has officially recorded in its minutes the appointments of the present Members of the Board of Appeals and that the Board of Appeals is instructed and authorized by the Board of Selectmen to conduct business.
3. Draft Modifications, dated 5/27/99, of Shoreland Zones (Chapter 102, Section 102-16) and Land Use Ordinances (Article IX) were discussed. A motion was made and seconded to adopt the Draft Modifications and forward them to the Planning Board with the last sentence of 101-67.A.5 regarding “abutting property” deleted. Unanimously approved.
4. The document entitled, “Rules for the Conduct of Public Hearings,” was discussed. A motion was made and seconded to adopt these rules in their present form for conducting the hearings of the Board of Appeals. Unanimously approved.
5. The various Board of Appeals forms (drafts dated 5/30/99) were discussed. A motion was made and seconded to adopt these forms with the following modifications: Information for Board of Appeals Applicants (delete “the Monday,” from lines 10-11, change “your” to “you” in line 24, and position “Administrative Appeal” with its paragraph); Application Form (in paragraph 3.b. insert “all of” after “when” in the 6th line of the paragraph); Certificate of Variance Appeal (no modifications); Notice of Variance Decision (no modifications); Notice of Administrative Appeal Decision (no modifications); Notice of Decision (no modifications); Notice of Public Hearing (from “Code Enforcement Officer”); Notice of Public Hearing to Property Owner (add at end of title “and Abutters” and from “Code Enforcement Officer” ); Request for Additional Information (at the end add “copy to CEO”); Minutes of Meeting of _____, 19___ (no modifications). Secretary to provide numbering system for all the above forms. Unanimously approved.
6. The anticipated role and conduct of the Members of the Board of Appeals and the CEO in relationship to the appeals process were discussed.
7. Attempt will be made to locate maps of the island showing the individual lots and to distribute same to the Members of the Board of Appeals.
1. Future Meeting Dates as follows:
July 23, 1999
August 20, 1999
September 24, 1999
October 8, 1999
motion was made and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 9:00 PM. Unanimously
Above Minutes approved at Meeting of June 25,
Bruce C. Nisula
Secretary, Board of Appeals