A. MEMBERS PRESENT:
Don Davis, Laura Davis, Bill Gately, Mike Hurley, Paul Lyons,
Bruce Nisula, Vic Solomini, and Mark Thomas.
B. OTHERS PRESENT: None
C. LOCATION: Golf Club Lounge
D. CALL TO ORDER: Director Thomas called the Meeting to order at 4:15 PM.
E. PRIOR MINUTES: The draft of the prior meeting had been previously approved by unanimous vote over the internet.
F. EXECUTIVE SESSION: The regular portion of the Meeting was recessed temporarily for an Executive Session concerning a personnel matter.
1) Workday is scheduled for tomorrow. Areas of Holes 2, 3, and 7 that have loam on them will be raked, seeded and mulched. Areas on Hole 7 that have been previously filled with sand will receive an inch of loam, raked seeded, and mulched.
2) The financial reports were reviewed. The operational expenses and revenues appear on target for the time of year, after taking into account that more of our green fee revenue comes in during September than June. There are two remaining payments to be made on the tractor (2007 and 2008).
3) The air-conditioning situation in the Lounge is a pending issue. Don will explore how to co-ordinate with the planned addition.
4) Harry Zea and Vic Solomini deserve considerable thanks for the new kitchen equipment (stove and refrigerator) that they have donated.
5) Mr. Joe Rivers, who wrote about golf for the Mountain Ear, and organized a small golf tournament on Frye Island passed away last week just before his tournament was scheduled.
6) Course comments as follows: a) Greens will be aerated early next week. b) For the rest of the year, the greens need to be cut a bit longer, so they may be a bit slower. c) Progress continues to be made on the irrigation system as-built map and manual; d) The soil under the tees has too many rocks to be cored or tined; so they will be verticut until rebuilt; e) With Vicís help the ponds on Holes 2 and 3 will be worked on this fall.
7) Rebuilding the tee on the 5th Hole will be a major agenda item for the Winter Meeting. Jim will be developing a budget for materials. One schedule is for materials to be accumulated during high season next year, and then work on the tee begun first thing in the fall and continued into the spring of 2008.
8) Several floor plans for the Club House expansion will be presented at the Winter Meeting.
9) Tee markers are available on Menís and Womenís Tees on the 3rd Hole and Womenís Tee on the 9th Hole. Additional businesses will be contacted.
H. POTENTIAL PROJECTS
Our current list of potential projects is reproduced below:
Major Capital Cost
1. Purchase equipment as needed (yearly)
2. Expand Club House (2008?)
3. Driving Range (Long term)
4. Putting Green/Practice Bunker (Long term)
Minor Capital Cost
1. Print Yardage Guide Booklet Ė WINTER MEETING
2. Replacing the plastic/aluminum chairs and tables. (This year) PARTIAL
3. Add another Air conditioner to Lounge (STATUS?)
Greens keeping Staff (or Lounge Staff)
1. Repair area in front of 3rd Hole pond. (This year)
2. Repairing, re-leveling, and reseeding tees where needed.
3. Remove the dirt mound on the 9th Hole and plant grass.
4. Improve drainage on 2nd Hole front of tees, and between pond and green.
5. Restructure and Level 5th Hole Tee (2007- 2008)
6. Remove Bunker on 5th Hole.
7. Improve definition of the cart path on 3 and 6 and add bluestone.
8. Enlarge Womenís Tee Boxes on 3rd and 9th Holes.
9. Add a fairway bunker to 7th Hole. (future consideration)
Membership (Minimal Cost)
1. Loaming over the holes and ruts on the fairways. (2-5 years)
2. Clearing of brush, branches and rocks from wooded areas in selected parts of the course to allow golfers a more reasonable opportunity to play out of the woods. (Yearly)
3. Maintenance of Tee Marker flowers to give color without obstructing plaque. (Yearly)
I. CORRESPONDENCE AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. Future Meeting Dates as follows:
Winter Meeting on the Last Saturday in January (weekend before Superbowl).
J. MEETING ADJOURNMENT
1) Adjourned at 5:35 PM.
Minutes approved via the Internet.
Bruce C. Nisula
Secretary, Golf Club Committee