Minutes of Annual Meeting of September 4, 2005
A. MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Davis, Laura Davis, Bill Gately, Mike Hurley, Mike Mazzola, Bruce Nisula, Paul Lyons, Vic Solomini, and Mark Thomas.
B. OTHERS PRESENT: Membership; Laura Crosby
C. LOCATION: Golf Club Lounge
D. CALL TO ORDER: Director Thomas called the Meeting to order at 10:45 AM.
E. PRIOR MINUTES: The draft of the prior meeting had been previously approved by unanimous vote over the internet.
F. EXECUTIVE SESSION : None
G. ANNUAL MEETING ELECTIONS:
1) Annual Elections were held. The following persons were the only persons nominated, and they were seconded and elected to office: For a three year term, Laura Davis, Don Davis, and Vic Solomini; and for one year term, Mike Hurley, Paul Lyons, and Bruce Nisula.
2) A suggestion was made to consider increasing fees since the local 9-Hole courses charge in the $19-21 range.
3) A suggestion was made to buy cheaper programming for the TV in the Lounge—Value programming plus local channels, rather than our current package (a potential savings of over $100 per month.
4) With respect to Tournaments it was reported that some interest in a night golf tournament existed. Also, the Good, Bad and Ugly hasn’t been done in years. The President’s cup should be better publicized and have a dinner associated.
5) With respect to areas of the Course deserving attention, the Tee Boxes were a consensus choice.
6) It was reported that Jim Hodge has been offered and has accepted the position of Superintendent; Jay will be leaving by the end of the year. Well-wishers may make a contribution and sign a card for Jay (see Laura).
H. OLD BUSINESS
1) The financials were reviewed. It was noted that traffic at the Club has been off a bit this year probably because rentals are off. The 2006 Budget is has been submitted to the Executive Committee; accordingly, revenue expectations therein are more conservative than in 2005.
2) Three Tee Markers are available for advertisers (3 Men, 3 Women, and 9 Women).
3) With respect to upgrading our kitchen facilities, Bill reported that prices on the sink revision costs were pending. Discussion was also focused on providing more oven and burner space—perhaps a new six burner/two oven stove. Pricing will be sought.
4) With respect to Handicaps, either the USGA course or the online course will be taken by Tom Canty in order to bring us in line with USGA requirements.
5) The economic benefits of the wireless router system in the Lounge will be monitored closely this year so that we can make a decision at the Winter Meeting whether to resume the service next year.
6) The next Workdays is scheduled for September 18 after the Scramble. Mark has sent the Membership an Email.
I. CORRESPONDENCE AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. Future Meeting Dates as follows:
September 25, 2005; and then every second Sunday immediately after the Sunday Scramble.
J. MEETING ADJOURNMENT
1) Adjourned at 11:30 PM.
Minutes approved via the Internet.
Bruce C. Nisula
Secretary, Golf Club Committee