Golf Committee

Minutes of Meeting of August 21, 2005

 

 

A.  MEMBERS PRESENT:   Bill Gately, Mike Mazzola, Bruce Nisula, and Mark Thomas.

 

B.    OTHERS PRESENT:   None.

 

C.    LOCATION:  Golf Club Lounge

 

D.   CALL TO ORDER:  Director Thomas called the Meeting to order at 11:00 AM.

 

E.    PRIOR MINUTES:  The draft of the prior meeting had been previously approved by unanimous vote over the internet.

 

F.    EXECUTIVE SESSION : None

 

G.   OLD BUSINESS

 

1)     The financials were reviewed; both operational expenses and revenues appear somewhat depressed for the time of year, possibly reflecting the reduction in Island rentals this year.  The 2006 Budget is under preparation; accordingly, revenue expectations therein will be more conservative than in 2005.

2)     The Labor Day  weekend Ice Cream Social will be held on Saturday in order to avoid a conflict with a Dinner Social being held at the Lounge on Sunday.

3)     The septic system was pumped out and no problems noted with it.

4)     Three Tee Markers are available for advertisers (3 Men, 3 Women, and 9 Women). 

5)     The shed project is complete, including some mulch and some bluestone. 

6)     The old poker room in the basement was cleaned out on Workday; and Bruce and Bill donated dehumidifiers to help keep the moisture level down.

7)     With respect to upgrading our kitchen facilities, Mark is still seeking pricing on a new sink (and waste water pump system), refrigerator, and dual oven.  It was suggested that additional refrigeration and cooking ovens might be acquired through donations from the Membership.

8)      The USGA meeting concerning Handicaps needs to be attended. 

9)     The economic benefits of the wireless router system in the Lounge will be monitored closely this year so that we can make a decision at the Winter Meeting whether to resume the service next year.

10) The next Workday is scheduled for September 18 after the Scramble.  Mark will send the Membership an Email.

11) It was reported that Jay was asked to cut some grass for a walkway in the woods.   Bruce is to investigate the nature of the commitment in this area.

 

H.  NEW BUSINESS

 

1.)    Preparations for the Annual Meeting were begun.  Bruce is to review the Minutes to determine when current Committee Memberís terms expire, and forward the information to Mark prior to the Meeting.

2.)     Presidentís Cup will be held next Saturday.

3.)    It was agreed that when our Capital situation becomes clear, consideration will be given to re-grading the area in front of the Pond on Hole 3.  Jimís input will be sought.

4.)    It was agreed to resume a Scramble on Sunday afternoon, but for Families.  Mark will send out an announcement.

5.)    Whether or not the lounge will be available for Kidís Birthday Parties is to be left to the Lounge Managerís (Lauraís) discretion.

 

 

I.  CORRESPONDENCE AND ANNOUNCEMENTS

 

    1.  Future Meeting Dates as follows:

 

Annual Meeting Labor Day Weekend; and then every second Sunday immediately after the Sunday Scramble.

 

J.  MEETING ADJOURNMENT

1)    Adjourned at 11:50 PM.

 

Minutes approved via the Internet.

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Bruce C. Nisula

Secretary, Golf Club Committee