GOLF COMMITTEE
Frye Island Golf Course

 

 Minutes of Meeting of August 22, 2004

 

 

A.  MEMBERS PRESENT:   John Kett, Kathy Lyons, Paul Lyons, Bruce Nisula, and Mark Thomas.

 

B.    OTHERS PRESENT:   None.

 

C.    LOCATION:  Leisure Lounge Card Room

 

D.   CALL TO ORDER:  Director Thomas called the Meeting to order at 10:45 AM.

 

E.    PRIOR MINUTES:  The draft Minutes of the prior meeting had been previously revised and approved by unanimous vote over the internet.

 

F.    EXECUTIVE SESSION : None

 

 

G.   OLD BUSINESS

1)     Financials were discussed.  Revenue to Expense ratio appears to be appropriate for this point into the season.   Procedures have been initiated to assure all future Cookbook revenue will be entered into the Golf Fundraiser account.

2)     The Handbook has been reviewed by the Executive Committee with a request for minor revisions.  Mark will make revisions in accord with their comments and submit the revised version for their approval.

3)     A report from the Handicap Subcommittee is being prepared for consideration at the next meeting.

4)      Kathy will report on the status of a welcoming letter to be sent to new Frye Islanders to make them aware of the Lounge and Golf Course and its Memberships at the next meeting.

5)     The Ice Cream Social to be held on the Sunday of Labor Day Week-end needs a few more volunteers.  Tom Higgins, Karen, and Bill Gately have offered to help.  John will check his calendar to see if he will be able to organize.  Laura has ordered the materials.

6)     John will follow-up with a Smoke Accommodation Report at the next meeting.

7)     SeveralTee Markers are still available.  One was recently taken by Pine Tree.

8)     Mark will send out a notice about September 19th Workday, which will focus on clearing dead brush from the woods abutting the fairways.  A start and stop time will be placed in the notice.

 

H.  NEW BUSINESS

1.)    It was decided to canvas the Membership regarding a plan to do away with the $100 credit carry-over, which is the proposed policy to start in the Fall of 2005.

2.)    It was agreed that the 9th Hole granite Tee Marker should be placed in the flat area to the left of the cart path just before it turns up the hill to the Ladiesí Tee.  It will face toward the 8th green.

3.)    The carpets will be cleaned in the fall on an annual basis, which was the recommendation of the vendor who donated it.

4.)    The Presidentís Cup Tournament has been posted.  Mark will help out.

5.)    Voluntary contributions for our annual Employee Bonus will be sought.  Mark will collect the funds.

6.)    Fall projects to be completed before any new projects are started are as follows:  a)  Complete the drainage work on the tee side of the pond on Hole 3; b)  Improve the drainage on the green side of the pond on Hole 2;  and c)  Pond and brook work on Hole 6. 

7.)    The two electrical meters serving the Leisure Lounge building will be combined into one as a cost saving measure.

8.)    Some Members have perceived a present and future need for building an addition to Leisure Lounge.  Such an addition could provide kitchen facilities, first floor bathrooms, and additional dining/meeting/party space.  It was decided that it would be desirable to conduct an analysis of the capital cost for, operational expenses attendant to, potential cash flow from, and intended uses of such an addition.  Financing could be sought through Donations and put into a building fund. It was agreed to broach the subject with the Membership at the Annual Meeting (Sunday of Labor Day Weekend after the Scramble) to see if there is a consensus on the matter.

 

I.  CORRESPONDENCE AND ANNOUNCEMENTS

 

    1.  Future Meeting Dates as follows:

 

Every third Sunday immediately after the Sunday Scramble.  Next Meeting is September 26, a week later due to Workday.

 

J.  MEETING ADJOURNMENT

1)    Adjourned at 11:55 AM.

 

Minutes approved via the Internet.

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Bruce C. Nisula

Secretary, Golf Club Committee