Frye Island Golf Course

Town of Frye Island

 

Minutes of Meeting of September 29, 2002

 

A.  MEMBERS PRESENT: Wayne Fournier, John Kett, Kathy Lyons, Paul Lyons, Bruce Nisula, and Greg Tedford

 

B.    OTHERS PRESENT:   None

 

C.    LOCATION:  Golf Club Lounge

 

D.    CALL TO ORDER:  The Director called the Meeting to order at 11:00 AM.

 

E.     PRIOR MINUTES:  The draft of September 15, 2002, Meeting Minutes was approved by unanimous vote.

 

F.     EXECUTIVE SESSION

 

1)  The meeting temporarily went into Executive Session to discuss the following: Personnel Issues.

 

G.    OLD BUSINESS

 

1)     The type of flooring to be used in the bathrooms should be discussed with the vendor.  Vinyl flooring may be susceptible to damage by golf shoes.  Most Golf courses have ceramic tile, which may be the best choice here.  It was decided that Rob should question the vendor about which of his products would be appropriate in this application.

2)     The Tee to Green Meeting with a consultant from Pt Sebago was held yesterday (Greg, Bruce, Rob and Jay attended).  Bruce will prepare a set to notes for distribution.  The consultant’s report will also be distributed to the Committee.

 

H.  NEW BUSINESS

 

1)     Paul Lyons presented a landscaping plan for the area cleared in front of the Club House.  A number of shrubs and evergreens will be purchased by Bill Tessier at cost (around $20-30 per shrub).   The planting would be done in the spring.  Greg  will negotiate a price for removal of the stumps and if reasonable, have it done this fall.  Rob and Wayne will continue to negotiate moving the utility pole with the power company.  The grading and preparation of the parking area would be a project for next year. 

2)     It was decided to delay until next year dredging out the centers of the ponds.  This year dredging would  be focussed on the perimeters of the ponds where copious weeds have accumulated.  Jay is to be directed to use the equipment on site to perform the work.

3)     In addition to the aforementioned edging of the ponds, this fall Jay will be directed to install drainage on the 5th hole as recommended at the recent meeting with the consultant from Pt Sebago.

4)     Jay had prepared a list of his prospective activities this fall.  Greg will revise and prioritize the list in accord with the Committee’s intent and return the final list to Jay (with copies to the Committee).

5)     Kathy agreed to gather the surveys and analyze the data.

6)     Greg has been in contact with A.C. and Maria regarding ideas for funding the Driving Range project.  Wayne opined that it would probably take a warrant if the Town were to consider backing up any loans.  As to the cost, it was suggested that the cost estimate include using sod in the teeing area; our consultant said it was the only way to handle that area.

7)     Work day will proceed as scheduled on Oct 6.

 

H.    CORRESPONDENCE AND ANNOUNCEMENTS

 

    1.  Future Meeting Dates as follows:

 

First Week of February, 2003, Winter Meeting, Date and Place to be announced

 

I.       MEETING ADJOURNMENT

1)     Adjourned at 2 PM.

 

Minutes approved at the Winter Meeting February 1, 2003.

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Bruce C. Nisula

Secretary, Golf Club Committee