FII BOARD MINUTES
May 2, 2001
COMMUNITY CENTER

I. CALL TO ORDER:

The meeting was called to order by  President Thomas at 5:26 P.M.

II. ATTENDANCE

Present were Diane Babineau, Steve Comley, Dave Decker, Bill Gately, Dick Giggey, Carl Hommel, Oleg Svetlichny, Mark Thomas and General Manager Rich Roedner. Fritz Mueller was excused.      

III. APPROVAL OF MEETING MINUTES

The minutes of the meeting of March 24, 2001 were approved unanimously.

IV. FINANCIAL REPORT YTD

The financial report was presented.

V. PRESENTATION BY GARDEN CLUB

Barbara Hannah, representing the Garden Club, described the work that was going to be done the following week on the entrance of the Community Center. It was emphasized that the work should be done in such a manner as to allow the building to be handicap assessable. Since the work being done will make it impossible to drive a truck up to the front door, General Manager Roedner has asked the DPW to consider means to allow a truck to back up to one of the sliding doors in west side of the building, either the auditorium or the game room.

VI. COMMITTEE REPORTS

a.) REAL ESTATE COMMITTEE REPORT

Thomas distributed a spreadsheet showing the history of Lots Bought and Sold by FII.

It was noted that Standish has acquired thirteen lots on the Island since we became a Town, for non- payment of taxes. These are mostly non-buildable lots that the original owners have abandoned. General Manager Roedner was asked contact the Standish Town Manager to see if FII can obtain them for payment of the taxes.

It was noted that Mr. Weston and Mr. Tyack have withdrawn their offers on Lots 1387 and 1388, respectively, since Central Maine Power has informed them that it require the installation of six power poles at $2,5000 each, which is much more than they had originally been informed. Babineau MOVED and ? SECONDED that they be allowed to withdraw their offers and their deposits refunded. PASSED unanimously.

Hommel suggested that the Town Planning Board be requested to prepare a land use ordinance change that will relieve the frontage requirement of 50 feet on “cull-de-sac” lots. General Manager Roedner offered to meet with Hommel and come up with suggested wordings, based on using the lot width at the set back point rather than at the road.

b.) GOLF COMMITTEE REPORT

Thomas reported that a new golf shop manager has been hired, who is also a golf professional. He will be giving golf lessons.

General Manager Roedner will look into the feasibility with the Portland Water District of developing the 18th fairway, to be used for practice and golf lessons.

c.) MARINA COMMITTEE REPORT

Decker reported that the Marina Committee met last week. He reported that the entrance to the marina is silting and will require dredging. Ten new slips have been ordered and will be used for rentals. Three of the four owned FII slips have been sold, and the sale of the fourth  is pending.

d.) BALL PARK COMMITTEE REPORT

Comley reported that a package has been presented to the Town Planning Board in response to their request for further information on the proposed ball field. The continuation of the hearing has been scheduled for Saturday, June30th, at 8:30 AM. A copy of a revised plot plan is on display in the Town Office.

V. OLD BUSINESS

a.) EXPENDITURES FOR FII RESERVES

The Board listed possible uses of the FII Reserve funds:

Bathroom facilities on the golf course

Repay Golf reserve fund for money spent for irrigation system

Bathroom facilities on the golf course                            

Maintenance on the ferries per the Blout Report

Bathroom facilities on the golf course                            

Ferry dry dock facility

Bathroom facilities on the golf course

Secure area for liquor in the Community System lounge area

Bathroom facilities on the golf course                            

Sound system in Golf pro shop

Bathroom facilities on the golf course

Fire escape in Golf pro shop

Bathroom facilities on the golf course

Handicap ramp in Town Hall

Bathroom facilities on the golf course

Reshingle Town Hall roof

Bathroom facilities on the golf course

Purchase 13 lots from Standish

Bathroom facilities on the golf course

Rebate lease payment for one year

Bathroom facilities on the golf course

Add 18th fairway

Bathroom facilities on the golf course

b.) WINTER OFFICE

Svetlichny MOVED and Hommel SECONDED that General Manager Roedner be authorized to offer $475/mo for a lease for last years’s winter office for the time period of October, 2001 to May, 2003. PASSED unanimously.

VI. NEW BUSINESS

a.) JULY 21ST DANCE

Thomas MOVED and Giggey SECONDED that FII donate the sum of $600 to the Town for the July 21st dance. PASSED unanimously.

b.) FII BOARD ELECTIONS

A notice will be put in the FINS that the FII Bylaws require that eight Directors be elected every year, and that the elections will be held on July 7, 2001. All Directors present indicated that they intended to rerun except Gately. General Manager Roedner indicated that two FII Stockholders had informed him that they intended to stand for election to the Board: T. Toomey and S. Dorriam.

c.) David Treacy, Lot 501, addressed the Board. He had noted that on several occasions that vehicles have been using his driveway as a shortcut between Sunset Road and Ridge Road, going through the ruins of the Rec Hall, and requested that the Board take steps to prevent this practice. General Manager Roedner will investigate having the DPW block this passageway by the judicial placement of boulders.

VII. ASSETS TRANSFER

The Board felt that the subject of assets transfer be postponed to the October Stockholders Meeting, and that General Manager Roedner will investigate how and if the Bylaws can be legally amended to change the quorum requirement.

VIII. ADJOURNMENT

It was MOVED and SECONDED that the meeting be adjourned. PASSED unanimously. The meeting was adjourned at 7:30 PM..